Monday 3 December 2012

Tartan and Ivy



Top of my list of things to do today was to make a wreath for the front door. 




I went into the garden first thing this morning and cut long lengths of ivy and lots of Pittosporum.  I left them outside to dry off a bit and for most of the bugs to drop off.

This afternoon I made this:




Sometimes I use a metal frame as my starting point, but this year I wanted something a bit bigger than the frame I already had. 

I wound the ivy in a rough circle and then wove in the little branches of Pittosporum.  My mum gave me the tartan ribbon many years ago and the red star was a little present from my sister, when she popped over to visit a couple of weeks ago.
 Hey presto, one Christmas wreath.
And lots of bugs and leaves on the kitchen table.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I have devoured all th posts I have missed. They are excellent. Had a twinge at the pic of Pamela. The wreath is gorgeous!! Looks very ice on your new door color. Keep up the blog.
    Love, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely wreath Carole.love from karen.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...