Tuesday 9 April 2013

Still swimming the Channel


I am still diligently swimming twice a week and am noticing a positive change to my silhouette, not to mention my fitness.  I managed to reach my goal which was to swim half a mile in half an hour.  Then I hit a bit of a plateau.  It wasn't getting any easier and I was getting a bit bored.  So my swim buddy and I decided the new challenge is to swim three-quarters of a mile in 45 minutes.  This equals 48 lengths. It also means that we can't waste time having a chat in between lengths! 



My best-to-date is 40 lengths in 40 minutes, so watch this space.  Ultimately, I want to be able to swim a mile (64 lengths) in an hour.

According to my swimming log, I am now 59% accross the Channel.  Go me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the thought of trying to get dry and then going out into the cold really puts me off swimming. Well done to you though, that is a good effort.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...