Tuesday 4 October 2011

Lemon Tray Bake

I haven't posted a recipe for a while, so let me remedy that now.

Lemon Tray Bake

You need a tray which is about 9" x 13".  I am lazy, so always line mine with parchment paper.  That way there is no greasing and flouring, and often not even washing up involved!

 6oz soft marg
 6oz caster sugar
7.5oz SR Flour
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
3 eggs
3 tablespoons of milk
rind of one lemon



You can combine in a mixer but I always make cakes by hand. So mix everything together and bake for about 30 mins at 180oc.

While the cake is baking, squeeze the lemon and add icing sugar to the juice to make a glace icing.  Not sure how much you need, I just keep adding until it is quite thick.
When the cake is cold, spread over a very thin layer of icing and let it set for 15 minutes or so.  That way you can add another layer of icing without it all just slipping off, or sinking in.

It's a very quick cake that is light and the icing has that lovely sharp lemony zing without being too sickly.

My husband who doesn't usually like cake (yes, I know that is not normal) actually likes this one, which is recommendation indeed.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...