Friday 7 October 2011

Lost and found

 
 Our elder daughter and her BFF went to cinema on Sunday to see Abduction.   The plan was to drop the girls at the pictures, then BFF's mum, our younger daughter and I would go into town for coffee and shopping.  I wasn't in the best frame of mind, as I'd had a migraine the day before and instead of enjoying the unseasonal sunshine, had taken to my bed in a darkened room.

While we were waiting for their order of a gallon of coke and a bucket of popcorn (which my daughter believes counts as one of her five fruit & veg a day), I thought it might be worth asking again about my wallet.


The girl serving me said
"Oh I think I may have seen that in the office."
  She called the Manager who appeared holding a clipboard and a small package ....

Have you guessed what it was??

 

My lovely and no-longer missing wallet AND it still had all my cards, driving licence and £160 in cash inside.

I did an impromptu dance of gratitude in the foyer. 
Children were embarrassed.
I was very happy.

 

See, there are good people in the world!

So now, by my logic, I am £160 better off, have saved a further £20 as I don't have to pay for a replacement driving licence and I have a new wallet (not shown) and a pair of consolation shoes.
What an antidote to a migraine!

By the way, I don't think the girls saw the same film as each other, as when we collected them and asked what it was about, their synopsi (plural?) were completely different and anyway the real point of going was to look at Taylor Lautner. No, I don't who he is either .....
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...