Thursday 10 May 2012

Teriyaki Salmon

If I had my way, fish would appear on the weekly menu a lot more.  But (why is there is always a but?) my lot don't like fish.  I'm trying aversion therapy - by sneaking in the odd fish-based meal now and again.

Here is my version of Teriyaki Salmon:




Make a marinade using about 4 tablespoons of soy sauce, the rind and juice of a lime, as much garlic as you like, as much ginger as you like and a good dollop of Chilli Relish or honey.
 
Pop the salmon fillets into the marinade and leave for at least half an hour, but longer if you have the time.


It is so easy to over cook salmon, so I err on the side of caution and only fry the salmon steaks for a few minutes on either side. 



 I served the salmon with noodles and cucumber.  The left over marinade was warmed through for those who wanted to pour it over their noodles.

Overall, the reaction was good.

I think the marinade would be equally good for chicken or pork too.


NB - you will note the garlic puree - I am a lazy/busy person, so this is perfect for me. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...