Tuesday 12 March 2013

Smoked Salmon Risotto


A few weeks ago we went to a local restaurant for dinner, and for my starter I had Leek and Hot Smoked Salmon Risotto. 

It was heaven in a bowl - each mouthful was creamy and lemony and just delicious.
I thought I would try to recreate it at home:

Smoked Salmon *
Leek
Arborio Rice
Garlic
Chicken stock
White wine
Lemon

 

Finely chop the leek and saute in a little olive oil with the garlic.  When soft add the rice and give it a good stir to coat well. Let it cook for a couple of minutes and then add about half a glass of white wine.  I usually inhale deeply at this point as the smell is SO GOOD.
 
 

Add most of the stock and stir. 
I really can't be doing with keeping the stock hot and adding only one tablespoon at a time and stirring continuously through the whole process.  I think the results are fine if you do it my way and just bung it in.

Add more stock if required.
Season well and add in lemon zest.
Take off the heat and add in the smoked salmon - it semi-cooks in the residual heat,
 
 

A squeeze of lemon was all that was needed to finish off

*I love the fact that Waitrose call it 'essential', as much as I like smoked salmon, I don't believe it is a staple food?!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I want that tight now. Thank you for posting the recipe; I have smoked salmon at least once a fortnight, so it is a staple for me. Mind you, it lasts for about 3 meals just for me.

    I do the same as you when cooking risotto, I can't stand up and stir as you are supposed to do, so I bung it all in too, can't tell any difference can you?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...