Tuesday 31 May 2011

Rhubarb cordial

I have seen variations of this on several blogs recently, so thought I'd give it a go.  Delicious.

Wash rhubarb (this is from my allotment)


Chop into smallish pieces - I enlisted the help of the girls with this


Weigh, and for every 100g add about 10ml of water


Cook gently until the rhubarb has broken down and released all it's pink loveliness


Strain off juice - do you like my high-tech solution to suspending the jelly bag?


Put the juice in a pan and add sugar.  For every 100ml of juice I added about 80g of sugar.  This is a bit of a guess and really depends on how sweet you want the cordial to be


Disolve over a low heat, then decant into a sterlised bottle


We dilute with sparkling water, lemonade is also good, but sweeter and I'm sure that it would go well with cava too


Enjoy!

NB: I have frozen the left-over rhubarb pulp and intend to make it into a rhubarb cake.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...