Thursday 2 June 2011

Mother's Day

I have wanted to keep chickens for a very long time, but my husband points out all the negatives: we have a tiny back garden, they will make a noise and annoy the neighbours, they will poo everywhere and destroy the garden, and what about rats? There are positives too, I say. What about fresh, free-range eggs?

Last year, my husband started to behave unusally – phone calls that he had to take in another room, disappearing on the weekend to 'sort something out'. One Sunday, he took the girls out saying he'd be back later .... surely they weren't part of his cloak and dagger activities?

Two hours later, I had a phone call from him. Go into the lounge and close your eyes. Key in door, and two cardboard boxes in the living room. Clap hands, ooh a surprise!  Flowers don't come in boxes, chocolates in small ones, perfume in even smaller ones. What could it be ....


 

Lovely, feathery, brown, clucky, fat chickens.
I LOVE my chickens. Thank you children for my mother's day present and thank you husband for organising it, and building them a delux henhouse.


So I introduce to you:

Gwen and Pamela



By the way, he was right about some of the negatives, except my neighbours love them too and as yet we've had no rats.

Posted by Picasa





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...