Sunday 5 June 2011

Missing

Even a year after first getting chickens, the excitement* of going to collect their eggs still hasn't gone. As my husband says 'they are the gift that keeps giving'. So a few days ago, I was surprised when I opened their nest box to see only one egg. Still, this happens from time to time. Be patient Carole, there will be two tomorrow.

Next morning I went out early to check – this time nothing. I was concerned – an egg-bound hen is not a good thing but two would be dreadful. But all good things to those who wait.

OK this morning, there will be eggs, look in nest box – nothing. Panic, the ladies must be VERY POORLY.

Notice Gwen sitting in the flowerbed, on my lavender plant with a look of concentration on her face. Remove Gwen from lavender plant, which is now rather flat, and behold a clutch of 5 eggs.

Panic over.




*eggcitement ....?

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...