Wednesday 8 June 2011

Strawberry Jam

The girls and I went to a very large Pick Your Own*  farm.  We were only interested in one particular crop
This was good advice 
 
There were hundreds of fat, ripe, juicy berries.  A lot went in the basket and a fair few straight into mouths.

 
I got a bit carried away and we brought over 6lbs (that's fourteen in English £)
Good job I was planning to make jam


I save jam jars, and family and friends save them for me too, as I make a lot of jam and preserves

Here's the finished article.  I feel the need to make scones and a Victoria sponge now.


(*nose, as elder daughter adds every time)


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. This is a lovely post, Carole! I love seeing jars of freshly made jam all lined up...especially when one comes my way from a very dear neighbor...:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...