Wednesday 17 August 2011

Profiteroles

I didn't realise how simple it is to make choux pastry until last week when I had a go at making profiteroles.  They are just butter melted in boiling water, the flour tipped in, all in one go and mixed into a dough.  Then eggs very well beaten through the dough.


I don't have a piping bag so I just put blobs of the mixture onto baking sheets.  I have a feeling our oven isn't quite getting to temperature as they took a lot longer than the recipe stated.


Once cool, I split them in half and filled with cream


Then made a chocolate sauce to drizzle over the top - butter, golden syrup and a bar of chocolate.


So really not fattening at all!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. The Minnow Diary gets better and better, keep up the good work.

    Your devoted fan,

    Cousin Irene

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...