Friday 16 September 2011

South Downs

Already, the Summer holidays seem such a long time ago. Way back at the beginning of August, we took a walk along the South Downs.  It was such a beautiful, hot, sunny day.


I had hoped to photograph some of the wild flowers that are being encouraged to grow in the hedgerows, but a lot of them had faded already.  Next year, I must remember to search them out earlier in the season.
 
This is a tendril of wild honeysuckle. It was everywhere!
 
I didn't recognise this plant, but have since looked it up and I think it is a Chicory. The blue flowers were striking.

The harvest had started already.  We didn't see another person but were able to watch a pair buzzards that were flying really high.  My camera just wasn't able to capture them, unfortunately.


I can almost feel the heat ...

and hear the buzzing of the insects.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...