Sunday 18 September 2011

Harvest

If I am really honest, I have to admit that I have neglected the vegetable plot this year.  So I can't blame anyone else for my rather small harvest so far!
The crop of runner beans was modest at best, although delicious.

At last I have a few tomatoes that are ready to use.  And there are lots still unripe ones waiting to be picked.
This is about one and half lbs - just enough to make a batch of passata sauce.
They were slow roasted for an hour or so, with:
 olive oil, 
basil,
sugar,
salt,
pepper,
balsamic vinegar.
 
The kitchen smelt lovely!
Once they had cooled down, I pushed the pulp through a sieve to remove the skin and pips.
The finished product is not quite as colourful as other varieties of passata sauce, but in my opinion is a million miles better.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...