Wednesday 14 September 2011

Plum jam and art

My mother phoned me the other day to let me know that her neighbour had harvested some plums from the tree in their garden and they had a few leftover, if I'd like them.  When I say a few, I actually mean 8 lbs!
That's a lot of jam .... even for me!


Fortunately, plum jam is one of my favorites.

I believe this is called a rolling boil.

 
The children felt the need to represent the family using the medium of fruit and veg:


This is my husband - can you see the likeness?


This is our eldest daughter - long and thin.


This is me - not sure I like the shrivelled lemon metaphor.


Not sure why our youngest daughter is an avocado. Her sister says it's because she is an acquired taste - sibling love?


Our dog - with his broken tail (now mended but with a permanent kink)


Gwen - with longish legs


Pam - fat and round, with short legs.



And here is some of the finished product.

 

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Carole - this post is just fantastic! The jam, the artsy veg family, the animals - II love you all!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...