Saturday 16 February 2013

Swimming the Channel


As part of my master plan to become more healthy, I have taken up swimming again.  My dad taught me to swim many, many, many years ago and every Friday evening our family would go for a swim at Hatfield Pool and afterwards we'd get fish & chips. 

I am swimming twice a week and have seen a huge improvement in fitness and stamina already.



After just six weeks, I am able to swim half a mile, in half an hour.  I have found this website where you can read tips to help improve your technique and log the number of lengths completed.  To date I have crossed 22% of the channel!
 
 

I will do everything in my power to avoid bingo-wings and no, I am not having fish & chips afterwards.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...