Sunday 3 July 2011

Allotment in April & May

It's about time that I posted some pictures of my allotment.  Actually, it's not really an allotment, it's a corner of my mum's garden, which she has kindly turned over to me for the past couple of years.   I did have an allotment before I had the children but it was nearly the size of a football pitch (honestly) and was just far too much for me to manage with working and little children.

The arrangement we have now is fab - I can grow vegetables and visit my mum at the same time.  Two lovely ways to spend an afternoon!

The photo below shows it at the start of the season before we weeded.  It's actually in very good condition with only a few weeds that gave up quite easily and a little bit of bind weed which is a pain, but is no match for my mother.
We were a bit late starting everything off this year, but hopefully we'll still get a decent harvest.
Lovely rows of onions - I planted about 50 red and 50 white.
These seedlings were donated by her neighbour
If the slugs leave them alone, we'll end up with cabbages, broccoli and brussel sprouts too - my children will be delighted!

These pictures were taken back in April & May.  I have some more up-to-date ones to show you too, but you'll have to wait until the next instalment...
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...