Friday 1 July 2011

Something different to do with chicken

This is what we had for dinner last night - it is well received in our house, with 3 out of 4 occupants actually in agreement about the supper choice.
 I think the recipe was made up by husband as I can't find it in any of my copious collection of cook books. It doesn't have a name, as such.  We call it Chicken Tikka, but it's a bit removed from the authentic dish! 
Make a marinade using
a large dollop of tomato ketchup,
garlic puree (because in my opinion life is too short to spending it chopping garlic cloves),
a dash of chilli powder,
a generous teaspoon of curry powder,
season with salt & pepper

and add lots & lots of chopped coriander (still my most favourite herb IN THE WORLD)

I also add a teaspoon of Apple Chilli Relish.  (I'll post the recipe for this in the Autumn, as I plan to replenish my stock then)

It was a bit of a challenge taking the photo with one hand and not spilling the relish with the other - you can see that I didn't quite manage it.
 
Marinate for at least half an hour, but longer is better, then fry. It's nice hot or cold.
 
If, like me, you have a teenage daughter, who has the appetite of a mouse, you could save 5 pieces of uncooked chicken, roll them in stuffing mix and fry them in the biggest frying you can find - rather than wash up a smaller one - and then you have also solved, at least for one day, the perpetual question of
"what can I take for my lunch tomorrow?


The fourth member of the household who doesn't eat this dinner is my husband - what an irony!

He had eggs and chips xx
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...