Monday 25 July 2011

Flapjack recipe

 I have never had any luck with flapjacks until I was given this fool-proof recipe from a work colleague.

Melt 225g butter with 225g sugar


Add about a tablespoon of Golden Syrup


Stir in 275g rolled oats.


Press into a 9" x 13 tin, lined with baking parchment.  Don't be tempted to bake without the parchment, as I have before, unless you are handy with a chisel.


Bake for about 20 mins at about 180o*.
Leave to cool in the tin for a while, then remove and cut into squares.  Works every time.



*my times and temperatures are a little vague as I tend to cook by sight rather than precise instructions and more to the point, the temperature gauge has rubbed off our cooker! Still, at least I have one, the cooker we had before had no temperature control at all and I'd have to guess the temperature by the height of the flame.
Posted by Picasa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...