Monday 23 April 2012

Stuffed Mushrooms

The other weekend I did something that I rarely do - I bought ready made dinner.  The open-the-packet and bung-it-on-a-baking-tray sort of dinner:  Southern Fried Chicken, acceptable, but pre-prepared potatoes?  Actually, the potatoes didn't even require the baking tray as they came ready to cook in their own aluminium foil dish.  They had special name, but essentially were just rolled in oil, rosemary and parmesan. Really, what was I thinking?

To redeem myself, I made stuffed mushrooms to go with.

 

The stuffing was a couple of slices of brown bread, blitzed with coriander (of course!) to which was added chopped fresh tomatoes, grated cheddar and parmesan.


After 20 minutes in a hot oven they were ready.
I forgot to take a photo of the finished article but we will certainly be having them again.  Not least because I made too much stuffing and it is now in the freezer, but also because they were so delicious.
Can't say the same about the rest of the meal, though!


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...