Friday 20 April 2012

Tiramisu

We had a family meal at my brother's house on Easter Sunday.  He always dishes up a fantastic main course, and the rest of us bring along various puddings.  I made a Ginger & Orange Cake (recipe to follow), our Mum made little oat biscuits AND a fruit cake and our sister brought along an enormous panettone.  Even though we made big in-roads into the panettone, there was loads left and we shared it out to take home. 


A tiramisu was called for.  I put a layer of sliced sponge into a large serving dish and drizzled black coffee over it (but left out the rum as I thought the children might not like it).


Next, I separated two eggs.  Sugar was beaten into the yolks and then mixed into 350g of mascapone cheese.  The egg whites were whisked until soft peaks and folded into the cheese mixture.  A layer of this was spread over the sponge.


 
Although the house was full of chocolate in the form of Easter Eggs, the girls wouldn't donate one for the tiramisu!  I was forced to sacrifice my own Chocolate Orange.  I grated a few segments and sprinkled the shavings over the eggy-cheesy-mousse.  Then repeated with a second layer,

 
It was a very big tiramisu: the four of us ate just a quarter of it for pudding that evening.

I ate the rest, all on my own, over the next few days .....
well it was my Chocolate Orange after all.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...